As I write this I realize that I have committed to something that is a little bit crazy and a lot awesome. Yep a lot awesome. I have decided to participate in Digital Writing Month –
#digiwrimo – for all of November.
Here is a little bit of info from their website:
Digital Writing Month (DigiWriMo) is a wild ride through the world of digital writing, wherein those daring enough to participate will wield keyboard and cursor to create 50,000 words in the thirty short days of November. Can’t imagine writing 50,000 words? Drop in anyway! We’ll have lots of exercises to bend your brain, break your habits, and basically rock your writing world.
You will conspire, collaborate, co-author, cooperate, collude, and even compete to reach your goal in whatever form you see fit: blog posts, text message novellas, code poems, Twitter poems, wiki novels, some creative wizardry of text and image, and more!
November 1 is Day 1.
Now you may be wondering why on earth I would decide to do such a thing. Honestly, I’m asking myself the same thing on some level. After all, I seem to always be struggling to find the time that I need to fit things in. Work. Family. Life. They all challenge me. They always stretch me. All of that said, I suspect the main reason that I have decided to do this is because I want to do it for myself. That’s right. For me. As I become increasingly intentional I know that I need to create space for the things that really inspire me. Writing does just that. Digital everything does that too. So…really it’s a no brainer. Digital Writing Month is a collision of two of the things that I love the very most.
What Am I Going To Do?
Here are a few quick thoughts:
- I’m going to use the various tools and social platforms that I’m part of to share the 50,000 words that I write & create.
- I’m going to use this as an opportunity to further coordinate and evolve the various websites that I currently develop content for.
- I’ll play with ways to bridge audio to text and text to audio.
- I’ll be as creative as I can using words and images too.
- A bunch of other things that I’m still figuring out.